Facilitator: David Jurca, Jeff Schuler
Three major takeaways
- The County would like to have an Open Data Advisory Group to help prioritize which data sets should be made available first.
- The group really liked the Open Data Philly website and the group would like to use this as a best practice to model in Cuyahoga County.
- More organizations and individuals currently gathering county-wide data need to be engaged in the open data website development process.
- Create a Google Group with email list of all attendees of the Open Data session and the Mobile & Web Apps session (Jeff Schuler & David Jurca)
- A Google Doc list of best practices will be shared with members of the Google Group and members will individually investigate the best practices before the next meeting (Jeff Schuler & David Jurca)
- A Doodle Poll will be created and shared with all Google Group members in order to schedule the next meeting (Jeff Schuler & David Jurca)
Week of August 8: Follow up meeting with attendees of the Mobile and Web Apps group to craft the agenda for a larger meeting with representatives from data gathering organizations in Cuyahoga County
Mid-September: Meeting with representatives from data gathering organizations in Cuyahoga County
Web app: an application that is accessed over a network such as the Internet or an intranet.
Mobile app: The word “app” is short for “application”, and a “mobile app” is software that runs on a handheld device (phone, tablet, e-reader, iPod, etc.) than can connect to wifi or wireless carrier networks, and has an operating system that supports standalone software.
NEO CANDO (Cleveland and Northeast Ohio Indicator Data): http://neocando.case.edu/cando/index.jsp
Open Data Philly: http://opendataphilly.org/
Greater Portland Public Data: http://www.civicapps.org/